3MTM ControltacTM IJ180C-10 is a 50 micron, 10 year cast film offering versatility along with a grey, slideable, repositionable, pressure‐activated adhesive combined with ComplyTM technology. This features air release channels for fast and easy, bubble-free graphic installations.
This long‐term durable film has excellent hiding power and stability, making it perfect for signs and fleet graphics and watercraft (above the static waterline), including surfaces with corrugations and rivets.
Use this film for solvent and UV inkjet printing.
When constructed and used as described in the product bulletin, these types of graphics and end uses may be warranted by the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty or the 3M™ Performance Guarantee. Please read the entire attached bulletin for additional details.
- · Indoor and outdoor graphics and signs, including point-of-purchase and displays
- · Commercial vehicle and fleet graphics, emblems or striping
- · Bus graphics
- · Standard vehicle graphics
- · Watercraft graphics (above the static water line only)
- · Small format original equipment manufacturer's (OEM) decorative and identification graphics, cautionary and safety labeling
Please refer to attached data sheet for more information regarding application, processing and removal.
|Interior or Exterior use||
|Minimal Temperature Resistance||-60.0 °C|
|Maximal Temperature Resistance||107.0 °C|
|Minimum Application temperature||4.0 °C|
|Maximum Application temperature||38.0 °C|
Slightly curved surface
Adhesive & Liner
|Adhesive||Grey, pressure-activated, with Comply technology, acrylic-based, cadmium-free|
|Adhesive Composition||Solvent-based acrylic|
|Adhesive Strength||18.0 N/25mm|
|Adhesive Type||Pressure Activated|
|Material used as liner||Double-sided polyethylene coated paper|
Slightly curved surface
|Shelf Life||2 years unprocessed from data of manufacture on original box, or process within 1 year and apply within 1 year.|
|Storage & Transport conditions||4°C to 38°C, out of sunlight, clean dry area, in original container|
|Durability (range)||Up to 10 years. Can be removed with 3M's removal system|
Removal requires heat and/or chemicals. A chemical remover system is available for graphics printed with solvent-based ink. Follow the procedures in 3M Instruction Bulletin 6.5 for using film remover R-221 and adhesive remover R-231 and for additional removal details.
This film has a pressure-activated adhesive that allows the film to slide easily on the substrate, be positioned with light finger pressure, and repositioned if it is not in the right place. However, by design so that a good adhesive bond is established, the positionability feature is lost:
· when firm pressure is applied with a squeegee or other application tool
· at application temperatures above 38°C (100°F) even if only light finger pressure was used for tacking
· if any part of the film is removed from the original liner and reapplied to the same or another liner
Suitable for dry application only.