3M™ Controltac™ Graphic Film IJ180-10
Premium cast white film with a permanent, grey pigmented, positionable adhesive
3M Controltac IJ180-10 is a 50 micron, 10 year cast film offering versatility along with a grey slideable, repositionable, pressure‐activated adhesive.
This long‐term durable and removable film has excellent hiding power and stability, making it perfect for signs and fleet graphics and watercraft (above the static waterline), including surfaces with corrugations and rivets.
3M IJ180-10 is suitable for solvent and UV inkjet printing.
When constructed and used as described in the product bulletin, these types of graphics and end uses may be warranted by the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty or the 3M™ Performance Guarantee. Please read the entire bulletin for additional details.
- · Indoor and outdoor graphics and signs, including point-of-purchase and displays
- · Commercial vehicle and fleet graphics, emblems or striping
- · Bus graphics
- · Standard vehicle graphics
- · Watercraft graphics (above the static water line only)
- · Small format original equipment manufacturer's (OEM) decorative and identification graphics, cautionary and safety labeling
Please refer to attached data sheet for more information regarding application, processing and removal.
Recommended overlaminates: 8518/8520 and 8580.
|Interior or Exterior use||
Adhesive & Liner
|Adhesive||Grey, solvent acrylic, repositionable, permanent adhesive|
|Adhesive Composition||Solvent-based acrylic|
|Adhesive Strength||18 N/25mm|
|Adhesive Type||Pressure Activated|
|Adhesive Technology||3M Controltac™|
|Material used as liner||Double-sided polyethylene coated paper|
|Minimal Temperature Resistance||-60 °C|
|Maximal Temperature Resistance||107 °C|
Slightly curved surface
|Shelf Life||2 years unprocessed from data of manufacture on original box, or process within 1 year and apply within 1 year.|
|Storage & Transport conditions||4°C to 38°C, out of sunlight, clean dry area, in original container|
|Minimum Application temperature||4 °C|
|Maximum Application temperature||38 °C|
|Durability (range)||up to 10 years|
Removal requires heat and/or chemicals. A chemical remover system is available for graphics printed with solvent-based ink. Follow the procedures in 3MTM Instruction Bulletin 6.5 for using film remover R-221 and adhesive remover R-231 and for additional removal details.
This film has a pressure-activated adhesive that allows the film to slide easily on the substrate, be positioned with light finger pressure, and repositioned if it is not in the right place. However, by design so that a good adhesive bond is established, the positionability feature is lost:
· when firm pressure is applied with a squeegee or other application tool
· at application temperatures above 38°C (100°F) even if only light finger pressure was used for tacking
· if any part of the film is removed from the original liner and reapplied to the same or another liner